They say a picture is worth a thousand words, however I believe that with good enough writing, the power of the human imagination can create something more meaningful and impact-full than anything that could be created on screen. With the creation of a magazine, I believe that I would be able to create something better than what could be created in the limited time frame given to the movie project. Through out the year, we have viewed many examples of print journalism and viewed the process by which it is created. I'm the kind of person who typically works better alone than in a group and as such I feel that undergoing the individual project of the magazine would work better for me than trying to work through the inevitable struggles of working with a group. Working alone I would also be able to set my own schedule, and use my own style to accomplish what I want instead of trying to compromise with a group and have the overall chance of being disappointed when the project I had in mind has to be altered based on the ideas of others. I do realize that there will be problems that come from working alone, it is true that I am a procrastinator and this could cause problems for the pacing, although I still feel confident that I will be able to accomplish what is needed to finish the project. Working alone could also lead problems such as having no one to review the magazine and help decide what needs to be changed, added, or scrapped. I feel that this project will be a challenge but I feel assured that it won't be overwhelming.
Comments
Post a Comment